REGISTRATION ENDS: 07/26/2019Home
Feel the Difference Contest Rules
Phase I: Entry and Initial Public Voting
During Phase I - Entry and Initial Public Voting (“Phase I”), the public will be encouraged to visit the Contest Site and vote for any Contest Participant who has entered.
The public vote tallies at the end of Phase I will be used to determine the Public Appeal score included in the Judging Criteria described below. Any attempt by Contest Participants to obtain or cast votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different identities, registrations and/or logins, or any other methods, will void those votes for the Content Participant and Contest Participant may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Multiple votes received from any person or email address in excess of this stated number will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to revise voting tallies or not consider the score for Public Appeal should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
Phase II: Determination of Top Twenty (20) Contest Finalists
During Phase II - Determination of Top Twenty (20) Contest Finalists (“Phase II”), a panel of judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will review all entries submitted during Phase I and select up to twenty (20) contest finalists (“Contest Finalists”) that receive from among all eligible entries the highest scores based on the application of the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
- Public Voting (10%)
- Video and/or picture content (45%)
- Short Answers (45%)
Phase III: Public Vote on Contest Finalists to Determine two (2) Contest Winners
The public will be permitted to visit the Contest Site and vote for any of the twenty (20) Contest Finalists. The voting tallies for each of the Contest Finalists will be reset to zero at the start of Phase III. The public vote tallies for the Contest Finalists will be the sole determination of the two (2) contest winners (“Contest Winners”). If there is a tie, Sponsor will select the applicable winner based on scores received and based on application of the Phase II Judging Criteria. Limit: Each person may vote one (1) time per email address during Phase III.
Any attempt by any Contest Finalist or voter to obtain or cast votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, by using any automated program, by using multiple/different identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void those votes for the entrant and entrant may be disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Multiple votes received from any person in excess of this stated number will be void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to revise voting tallies should the voting appear to have been tampered with or manipulated in any way.
The Prize is awarded “AS IS.” Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates make offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Contest or the Prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize consists only of the items listed, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Prize is subject to terms, conditions, expiration dates, and restrictions imposed by the Sponsor. Federal, state, and local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees and expenses not listed above as specifically included as part of the prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
The odds of winning the Prize depend upon the number of completed entries received.
REQUIRED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES:
To be eligible, all entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- Your entry must be your own original images, videos and other content (collectively, “Content”), created and shot by and/or featuring you; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity. You must have sufficient rights in and to the Content to grant permission to Sponsor to use as described in these Official Rules.
- You represent that you have the express consent of any identifiable persons appearing in the Content to their likeness being used in the ways set out in these Official Rules, including Sponsor’s right to use the image for any future commercial purpose without restrictions. Upon request, you will obtain written consent of any such persons for Sponsor. If any person appearing in the Content is under the age of majority in their state of residence, the written consent and signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. The Content must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person.
- Excepting those of Sponsor, the Content must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
- The Content must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, violate any laws or otherwise contain content which Sponsor in its sole discretion decides is inappropriate or objectionable.
- The Content must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- Content must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Content is created.
Entries that do not comply with the above requirements may not be eligible and, if submitted, may be removed at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes violates or potentially violates any of the foregoing requirements or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. Entrants agree to reimburse Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates in full in respect of any losses, damages, and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees that they may sustain from the breach of a representation or warranty made by the entrant or the use of any rights granted by the entrant to Sponsor hereunder. By entering, entrant warrants that the submitted image complies with the entry requirements set out above including those at (i)-(vi) above.
By entering, entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, assignable license to reproduce that image and to otherwise use, exploit, copy, modify, adapt, edit, publish and display the Content in any form, manner, venue, media or technology now known or later developed for any and all purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of trade, advertising, and promotion as Sponsor and its licensees or assignees determine, without further compensation, notification, or permission. Further, by entering, the entrant hereby waives any moral rights the entrant may have in the image in favor of the Sponsor.
At Sponsor’s request and in its sole discretion, entrants may be required to execute an assignment and release transferring all rights and ownership of their image to Sponsor, the form of such assignment to be determined by Sponsor.
NO LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION:
Neither Sponsor, Sponsor Affiliates, nor their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and assigns, harmless from and against any and all claims and liability (the “Released Parties”) are responsible for and entrants release each from any failures of any kind (whether caused by computer, technical, or human error) which may either limit the entrant’s ability to submit an entry, register a vote, claim a prize, or otherwise participate in this Contest, or a Released Party’s ability to include all eligible entries, votes, judging, notify potential winners, or otherwise execute this Contest in the manner intended. Entrants further release and agree to indemnify the Released Parties from all liability, claims or actions of any kind for injuries, death, damages, or losses to persons or property alleged to have been sustained in connection with this Contest including, but not limited to:
(a) the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; (b) any travel or prize-related activity; (c) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an entrant or Released Party.
- The entrant must be the only individual shown in the photograph.
- It must not include (i) material that is unlawful; inappropriate; violent; threatening to any person, place, business, group or world peace or that contains words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; libelous or defamatory; sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, vulgar, pornographic or profane; (ii) material that violates the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties
- Digital image entries must be clear, flipped correctly, and in color.
- Photo may be of face or full body.
- No sunglasses or masks
- Limited image modifications are allowed. The intent and effect of any modification must be to produce a more natural looking and accurate photograph.
- Your digital image must be of sufficient resolution to meet the criteria required by the Judging Procedures outlined below.
- Do not submit photos with add-on lenses, filters, or frames.
- Images may be cropped as long as a rectangular format is maintained. Images may be resized as long as aspect ratio is maintained.
- Do not add any elements or objects to photo.
- The images must be in the digital format and size outlined in the following Judging Procedures